Jeff Lynch is a commercial, landscape & nature photographer, blogger and author based in Sugar Land, Texas. His passion for Texas landscape photography extends to his love of teaching and he can be found leading groups of serious amateurs each spring and fall during the Texas Landscape Safari workshop.
His most recent work can be found gracing the pages of this blog: Serious Amateur Photography where he shares his passion for landscape and nature photography with photographers around the globe.
Jeff’s first two books of Texas landscape photography, Hill Country Landscapes and Landscapes of the Texas Plains & Canyons have been widely praised throughout the state and his next book, Big Bend Landscape Adventures is due out this fall.
Jeff’s work has been featured in Texas Monthly magazine and in Jeff Carlson’s recent book; Canon Powershot G10/G11: From Snapshots to Great Shots published by Peachpit Press.
Jeff’s Cowboy Action Shooting Gear
- Cimarron Firearms – Evil Roy Competition Single-Action Revolvers in .38 Special / .357 Magnum with 5-1/2″ barrels. Purchased from my friends here in Texas at Collector’s Firearms.
- Cimarron Firearms 1866 Yellowboy Rifle in .38 Special with a 20″, octagonal barrel. Purchased from my friends here in Texas at Collector’s Firearms and slicked up for competitive shooting by the author (me).
- Rossi Model R92 Carbine in .38 Special / .357 Magnum with a 20″, all-round, blued barrel. Slicked up by Steve Young (aka Nate Kiowa Jones) from Steve’s Guns.
- Stoeger Single-Trigger Coach Gun Supreme in 20 gauge. Purchased from my friends at Able’s Ammo here in Texas and slicked up for competitive shooting by the author (me).
- Sellier & Bellot (Best Prices / Cleanest Burning), Fiocchi (Excellent Quality / Good Value) and Black Hill’s Cowboy Loads (Best in Class for the Cowboy Shooter) in .38 Special & .357 Magnum. Winchester AA Target Load shotshells in 20 gauge.
- El Paso Speed Rig with dual strong-side holsters made by El Paso Saddlery and purchased from my friends at Texas Jack’s in Fredericksburg.